Monday 22 August 2011

Not Much About

Today I started off at an under watched patch that is watson road park. The only other time I have been in there was to see an elusive wood warbler earlier in the year. I reached the park which is only a few minutes away from my home, all was quiet apart from screaming little kid's I went further in and stood near a patch of trees which looked promising for migrants. After a while I gave up on that patch of trees and continued around the park, when something caught my eye, a dragonfly, it was a migrant hawker. While I watched that I heard a blue Tit. I continued round and found a fallen log to sit on where i had a juvenile sparrowhawk. I then decided to go home and watch the feeders, when i got back there was 2 goldfinch and a male greenfinch on the nyjer and sunflower hearts.
 

I then decided to go on a bike ride to stanley park with Aaron who often comes birding with me. I went and sat down while Azz went on the BMX track where i had a flyover female sparrowhawk  getting mobbed by a couple of brave swallows. I carried on round the park and found a family party of around 8 long tailed tits
Tomorrow i will be having another look at watson road park and some railway bushes that in the past have held such rarity's such as red breasted flycatcher and Pallas's warbler.  

No comments:

Post a Comment